How to Submit Your Mouse Mat Artwork
In the first instance, you should contact us to discuss your requirements.
As long as the file size is 20 megabytes or less, artwork can be sent by email. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your artwork is larger than 20 megabytes, you can either send on a CD/DVD or use a free file transfer service such as YouSendIt.com. At the time of writing, YouSendIt.com allows you to send single files up to 50meg free of charge.
Please check your artwork carefully before you send it, ensuring formatting is completed and it’s in the correct size. Just follow guidelines below.
IMPORTANT: Please note that we cannot accept artwork in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Publisher or Excel format.
We can match your colours as required so if you have a Pantone number for your colours, please let us know, as this will help us match correctly. If you don't, no problem! Please note the industry standard for pantone matching is +/- 10%, and print colours will often look different to how they appear on a computer screen. Variations may occur depending on whether your colours use the Pantone Solid "Coated" versus "Uncoated" colours - you must specify this otherwise we cannot be responsible for variations.
For screen prints:
- Editable EPS file with fonts supplied or converted to outlines
- PDF file (preferably a vector-PDF, with fonts converted to paths/curves)
- Artwork saved at 100% size or larger
- Pantone references supplied for colours
- Font files supplied or text saved as curves
Full colour Litho or Digital Prints:
- All graphics should be supplied as high resolution CMYK files (EPS, PDF or AI files) at a minimum of 300 dpi resolution.
- All design components must be supplied and clearly identified. This includes tiff, eps, and pdf files; all printer fonts used in the main file and imported graphics.
Regardless of print method:
- Allow a bleed* all around the outer edge of the design (this will be 3-10mm, depending on the style of mouse mat you choose). The exact size of the bleed to allow will depend on the type of mouse mat and the shape you're interested in. Please enquire.
- Artwork to be emailed with your order number and company name in the reference line or supplied on CD with same information clearly labelled
- * - a bleed is a small extra region around the outside of the mousemat design area in the background colour of the mousemat and is used to allow for stamping mis-registration during mousemat production.
- For example - a 235 x 200mm hardtop mousemats should have a 5mm bleed meaning that the artwork dimensions will be 245 x 210mm. The outer 5mm is lost during production.
- Please note that all "critical content" such as logos and/or text should not lie within 5mm of the outer edge of your mousemats (not including the bleed area).
What if there is an issue with the formatting?
Any artwork in an unsuitable format will need to be resubmitted. If only simple corrections are required, and we have all of the relevant files, fonts etc. then we will do it for you free of charge.